Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ziploc Bag Nail Decals


What Pinterest Showed Me

compared to...

What I did


First of all, I didn't use a water marble design, though I'm sure it would yield the same results. 




All you really need is some nail polish, a toothpick...


And a plastic bag/wax paper/cellophane.
Tape is your friend too. You might want to tape the bag/paper/cellophane onto the table.



I ended up using almost completely different colors than what I had taken a picture of. Then I started to paint the bag.



....



Then you can get creative and make whatever design you want. This is where I would assume water marbling would come into play. 



Then I questioned my existence. 


Finally, I gave up and went to bed. 



The next morning, the polish was dry. You're supposed to use tweezers to peel off the polish. However, I could not find a pair. Therefore, I used cuticle cutters. 




Ta-Dah!



I used scissors to cut out a small square big enough to fit on my nail



I covered my thumb nail....



....and tried to peel off the excess with the cuticle cutters and my finger. As you can see, I took a pretty big chunk off my nail. 



Then I remembered that you're supposed to apply a base coat first.




Boo! 



So this time, I applied a base coat, pressed the decal onto my nail, and cut around it. DON'T FORGET TO ADD A TOPCOAT! And it looked like this. The design would have probably looked better if I would have just directly applied it to my nails. Oh well, I guess I need to practice at it. 


I might try this again. The dried polish sheet was fun to play with anyway :)



NAILED IT! 
















No comments:

Post a Comment